Know yourself and seek improvement
- Know the strengths/weaknesses in your character and skill level.
- Ask questions of peers and superiors.
- Actively listen to feedback from subordinates.
Seek responsibility and accept responsibility for your actions
- Accept full responsibility for poor team performance.
- Credit subordinates for good performance.
- Keep your superiors informed of your actions.
Set the example
- Share the hazards and hardships with your subordinates.
- Don’t show discouragement when facing setbacks.
- Choose the difficult right over the easy wrong.